The Pediatric Gastroenterology Service at Kosair Children's Hospital specializes in treating children with gastrointestinal conditions. We provide a full range of diagnostic procedures and treatments related to the gastrointestinal tract, liver and pancreas including:
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Chronic diarrhea
- Failure to thrive
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Constipation / encopresis
- Malabsorption syndrome
- Acute and chronic liver disease
- Liver transplants
Procedures performed include:
- Endoscopy of the upper and lower gastrointestinal tracts
- Biopsy of the esophagus, stomach, small bowel, large bowel and liver; polypectomy
- Motility studies of the entire gastrointestinal tract
- Tests of secretory function of the stomach, liver and pancreas
- PH probe testing for gastroesophageal reflux
- Breath hydrogen testing.
Many of these services are provided in our new, state-of-the-art endoscopy suite which enhances the level of care we are able to provide.
Our team also includes a highly skilled and well-equipped pathology staff and nutritionists.
As Kentucky's only free standing, tertiary care facility dedicated to caring for children, Kosair Children's Hospital offers comprehensive pediatric medical services and treatment programs in a child-friendly atmosphere.
For more information on our Pediatric Gastroenterology services, call (502) 629-6000.